Full Job Description
Position: Equipment Maintenance Technician
Department: Mountain Operations
Type: Full Time Year-Round or Full Time Winter Seasonal
Maintenance Apprentice -$16-$20/hour
- Prior experience in the general mechanic field, must have an interest in continuing education/certification in the field.
Maintenance Technician 1 - $18-$22/hour
- 5 years of experience and degree/certification/license in the field are required.
Maintenance Technician 2 -$20-$26/hour
- 10+ years of experience and a degree/certification/license in the field are required.
Snowriver Mountain Resort is seeking an Equipment Mechanic to perform diagnostics, repair and maintain various types of vehicles and equipment, including: “on” and “off” road vehicles, heavy equipment, all-terrain vehicles, snow grooming equipment, snowmobiles and other small engine equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting to test operational efficiency of engines and drivetrain, hydraulic and exhaust systems, etc. and determines the cause(s) of malfunction(s).
- Prescribes and performs emergency repairs to equipment in the field. Performs related work as required or assigned.
- Develops and/or maintains a preventative maintenance program for all equipment.
- Detects, diagnoses and repairs any equipment malfunctions, defects or deficiencies.
- Maintains detailed records of all performed work, sufficient to log, track and retrieve maintenance histories on equipment.
- Maintains and documents an inventory of materials, parts, and tools necessary to perform maintenance activities.
- Maintains the shop and building grounds in a clean and safe manner.
- Orders necessary parts for the repair and maintenance process.
- Operates all types of equipment as necessary to perform job duties.
- Maintains and ensures a safe environment, including standards for maintenance and upkeep of the facility’s equipment.
- Notifies Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor, Manager and/or Directors.
- Assists other departments as necessary.
- At least one year of direct or related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required.
- Must possess a valid Class D driver’s license, Class A license preferred.
- Ability to communicate verbal and written instructions effectively.
- Read and write work-related documents in English.
- Ability to understand basic electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Able to bend, lift, carry, crawl, climb, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Must be able to work extended hours outdoors in adverse weather conditions, including extreme cold and heat.
- Ability to safely operate snowcats, snowmobiles, ATVs, and other equipment on difficult uneven terrain.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-50 lbs. frequently, and up to 75 lbs. occasionally
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $26.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location