Check-In / Check-Out
Check-In Begins at 4:30 PM
Check-Out is 11:00 AM
The minimum age to check-in is 18 years old, proof of identity is required for check-in.
Rooms on the first level of the Lodge at Snowriver are handicap accessible. Room #_____ has bathrooms with a roll-in shower with bars and a toilet with bars.
To save on our environment, here at Snowriver Mountain Resort, we offer a daily Trash and Towel service by request. In your unit, you will find a “housekeeping request” item that you can place on the handle of the door to your unit that alerts our staff of the request, it additionally doubles as a “Do Not Disturb” sign if you would prefer no services. You may also call our front desk staff with your requests as well.
For stays of 6 or more nights, we provide full housekeeping—dusting, vacuuming, changing linens and towels, emptying trash, cleaning bathroom and kitchen, replenishing soap and toilet paper if needed. If you want additional full-service cleanings, you can arrange for them at the desk ($10.00 per service).
The washing of dishes is not included in any of our housekeeping options.
A select number of our condominium or townhome units are dog-friendly. To reserve a dog-friendly unit, please call our Front Desk at 906-229-5181. There is a $30 per reservation charge for one dog and $50 for two dogs. No more than two dogs can be registered in the same room. Dog reservations require a completed Terms and Conditions, dogs will be leashed at all times during the visit, and with their owner, dogs may not be left in a unit unattended at any time.
Rooms in the main lodge or Gabbro Suites are not pet-friendly.
A few units within our rental pool do allow pets. If a pet is found in a Snowriver Mountain Resort unit, the card on file will be charged a minimum of $300 + tax for the infraction of the policy.
Snowriver Mountain Resort ("Company") strives to comply with best practices and standards for website accessibility for guests with disabilities as defined by Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). To permit Company content providers to meet this goal, the Company implements the following initiatives:
- Developing and distributing accessibility practices for Company content providers
- Appointing a website accessibility coordinator who is responsible for coordinating the Company's responsibilities with respect to accessibility, and responsible for developing the accessibility practices
- Conforming our website with the WCAG Guidelines 2.0 AA
- Modifying our website to permit content providers to post content in a format that conforms to WCAG for web content
- Ensuring that our website does not interfere with the posting of content in formats that conform to W3C's guidance on accessibility
The Company undertakes these accessibility initiatives to expand access to everyone and to assist content providers with providing content in accessible formats.