Type: Seasonal | Part-Time
At Snowriver, Instructors provide quality instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding all safety rules/regulations and Company guidelines.
- Provide safe, professional, and fun instruction to students of all ages
- Assist students to achieve their goals for improvement
- Provide feedback to students and/or guardians regarding the progress made in the lesson and what to work on next
- Uphold the highest levels of guest safety on all terrain in varying weather conditions
- Ensuring students are matched to appropriate ski instructor skill levels and work with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson; lifting children by the vest (if applicable)
- Supervising children in class; assisting at lunch and snack times; ensuring the return of children to identified guardians
- Exceed expectations by going out of your way to assist all guests, being courteous, friendly, and informative, ensuring the ultimate customer service experience on the mountain.
- Answer guest inquiries and resolve problems quickly and effectively
- Foster an atmosphere of safety and cooperation and promote positive teamwork amongst your team members as well as in all other Snowriver locations
- Assist with base area snow removal and salting
- Carry out other related duties as assigned
- Advanced proficiency as a skier
- Must have excellent communication and guest service skills with all ages
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Must be available to work holidays and most weekends; weekday shifts also available
- Must be able to lift, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach frequently.
- Previous Ski/SB instructor experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of local area/resort
- Previous experience working with youth organizations; (coaching, camp counselor, scouting, lifeguarding, youth/mission groups)